Future Agro Challenge (FAC) is a global competition that discovers innovate fundable food and agribusiness startups from various corners of the globe addressing national, regional and global challenges. FAC provides key tools and opportunities to help them grow their business and expand them into new markets. FAC, a featured event of Global Entrepreneurship Week, is working to make a difference on a global level by increasing interaction amongst agro innovators, entrepreneurs, and stakeholders by addressing national policies and challenges.
There is not one simple solution to any of the complex global challenges of feeding the estimated growing population of 9 billion people by 2050. FAC was ignited in Greece, at the crossing of three continents, is rich in diversity in both wild and cultivated plant species, has developed its botanical and agricultural practices for millennia, and the source of the famous Mediterranean diet, and has grown into a global competition. As FAC takes root in each joining nation, the knowledge base is enriched with a transfer of ideas and solutions. Each nation and region brings a new perspective, having overcome different obstacles and offering different facets of innovation.
While disruptive solutions are being created across regions, individuals and visionaries often feel overwhelmed by the complexities to integrate in the agricultural ecosystem.
We believe discovering solutions to global challenges should not be so complicated.
FAC supports agro visionaries, startups, farmers, manufacturers, and distributors from countries across several continents. The most promising ideas and ventures are selected to compete in the International Finals for the title of the ‘Most Innovative Agribusiness of the Year’.
The aims of the Future Agro Challenge are:
- To foster innovation in agriculture
- To encourage technology and methodology incorporating Evergreen Practices (to increase food production and efficiency in a sustainable manner, reducing greenhouse gases and carbon and water footprints)
- To upgrade agricultural education and training
- To revolutionize the approach to healthy lifestyle and nutrition
- To promote business and investment opportunities in agri business
- To grow a global community of experts, investors, and innovators